WATCH THE TRAILER
On vacation at her grandpa’s, a little girl Mia accidentally discovers a mysterious piece of astronomical machinery. Edek, Mia’s eccentric uncle, tricks the girl into using the tool’s secret powers to change the world’s seasons. She quickly realizes the consequences of what they are going to do, but Edek doesn’t want to let the plan go.
Magic Globe is an engaging story designed to interest and challenge children from 5 to 12 years old. It has a clear educational structure with all science-related topics broken down into manageable chunks and naturally woven into the storyline. It allows children to recap knowledge they already have as well as learn multiple new concepts while following the story, which makes it perfect for mixed-ability audiences.
Children will learn:
- The Earth spins, changing our view of the Sun to give us day and night.
- The year is divided into four seasons (but the weather does not always match these divisions).
- Observing seasonal changes: including the position of the Sun, weather and nature.
- Animals and planets are adapted to seasonal changes and may require these to survive.
- Seasons are experienced differently near the Earth’s equator or poles due to the height of the Sun.
- The height of the Sun affects the strength of the sunlight we receive.
- The angle of the incoming sunlight affects the shape of the shadows.
- The Earth’s tilted axis affects the angle of sunlight we receive, creating the seasons.
- The northern and southern hemispheres experience summer and winter at different times.
The movie is available in Fulldome 8K. Its stunning visuals have been created by the artists involved in such well-received Fulldome productions as “Dream to Fly,” “Hello Earth,” and “Explore.”
Produced by an award-winning Creative Planet studio, written by Zuzanna Ligowska, and directed by Maciej Ligowski. Art Director – Maciej Rasała.
MAX RESOLUTION: 8K | AUDIO: 5.1 or 2.0 | LANGUAGES: english, polish and other | TARGET: kids, families